The Annunaki

The Annunaki
Aliens, Gods or Demons?

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Places that inspire me

I draw a lot of inspiration from ancient places: whether they are standing or crumbling, it does not matter. I like to look at them and imagine who built these structures, why they were built and who occupied them. What were their daily routines?
Naturally the explorer in me wants to visit these places in person in order to fully absorb all that these structures offer: the sounds, sights, vegetation and weather. Some of these places will have to wait until my children are older or until the political crisis is over. A couple of them will be on hold until I learn to dive --which of course will require greater powers of imagination to envision what they were like pre-sinking.


Some Places I am thinking of:
The Devil's Throat (Bulgaria)
Madayi Kavu (India)
Dwarka (India)
Alexandria (Egypt)---actually all of Egypt
Underwater city of Shicheng (China)
Sunken City of Yoniguni (Japan)
La Rochelle (France)
Iraq/Iran
Masyaf Castle--the Seat of the Assassins (Syria)
Rock City of Petra (Jordan)


What about you? What do you look for in places to visit within this lifetime? What's on your bucketlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment