The Annunaki

The Annunaki
Aliens, Gods or Demons?

Friday, 1 August 2014

Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick

UGH!

That is how I feel with my current manuscript. Where is the excitement? The Pizzazz? With Serpent Priestess it all came rushing out and I could barely keep up. I finished the first draft in under two months, easily. Yet with that book the idea had been percolating in my brain for a good three years before I decided to sit down, open a new document and write the first lines.
This book is different. I had no structured outline in my head, only a rough idea of the characters and places and about four chapters in the book t took a drastic turn and is completely different to what I had originally envisioned. Is it better than what I had planned? Yes, but I've had to wing it more than I thought, going back to my trusty old notes and well thumbed books to make sure the manuscript isn't running away from me. The result is brief episodes where I get through three or more chapters rapidly, knowing what's going to come next, followed by long periods of stagnation, where I have to carefully consider what is the most feasible progression of events.
Hence the current dance I am undertaking with my manuscript. Slow, Slow, Quick Quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment