The Annunaki

The Annunaki
Aliens, Gods or Demons?

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Things to be grateful for

Flu season has finally hit after a blissfully warm September, and, being the sort of idiot that I am, I missed my flu shot (being an asthmatic, I do know better). Let me just say: I HATE flu shots with a passion borne of endless days suffering after each one. I'm not a wimp when it comes to medical procedures, I can't be as the list of 'reasons I've ended up in hospital' is quite long. Yet flu shots are my Achilles heel. Can't explain why, they just are.

So, little miss smarty pants has gone and gotten her first flu of the year :


Yet, I'm not miserable, not really. As I lie here in my bed with some hot peppermint tea at my side, I find myself feeling ludicrously happy that for the first time in my adult life, being sick does not mean a cessation of work. I love my work and I think if I had chosen something more physical as a career choice, then every time I got sick I would be so depressed that I was unable to do it. But being an author and freelance editor means that I work from home and from my bed, if need be. As someone who gets sick very easily, I'm grateful to the higher powers that I discovered a passion for a career that requires more brains than brawn (except when it comes to getting flu shots)


No comments:

Post a Comment